Carrying your little bundle of joy is the most precious moment. The journey of parenthood is surely exciting, but at the same time, it brings a sense of huge responsibility.As a parent, you want to give everything best to your little one. You are keen onevery little thing for your newborn. Surely, the health of your child is a top priority. Newborn baby vaccination is a powerful way to protect your child and ensure that they are healthy. Baby vaccinations at the right time ensure their best chances of growing into healthy young adults.
Why newborn baby vaccination is crucial?
Babies under two years of age are more prone to infections and contracting dreadful diseases.Vaccination is one of the most effective ways to protect children from various harmful diseases.Safe, effective use of a controlled amount of a weakened or killed virus or bacteria is injected into your baby’s body. This trains the baby’s body to identify and prepare the immune system to fight against infection by the same virus or bacteria.
Vaccination – a stepping stone to building your baby’s health and the well-being of your family
- Protect your child – Vaccinations are recommended as the immune system of a newborn is not fully developed.Newborn babies are prone to several dreadful diseases.
- Save time and money- Getting vaccinated at the right time can help prevent contracting these diseases and going through the painful hospitalization process and medical expenses.
- Boost your baby’s natural immunity-Vaccinations given to babies at a young age help improve their immunity against illness. Vaccinationsmake your baby’s immune system recognize and fight off harmful bacteria and viruses that attack the body.
- Protect others and even future populations- vaccinating your baby helps reduce the spread of diseases and thus eradicate diseases.
The recommended0 to 2 year baby vaccination includes:
- Hepatitis B
- Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis
- Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type B)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- MMR (Measles, mumps, rubella)
- Hepatitis A
Points to remember-
- Your baby will get their first dose right after birth. By the age of 2, the first doses of most vaccinations are administered.Also, several doses of some vaccinations are administered to get full protection.
- Your little bundle of joy is too tiny and new to the world.Surely, the process of vaccination is not easy for your little one. You are the one who needs to stay strong, patient, and supportive. Try to distract or relax your baby by doing things he or she likes.
- Every baby is different and the way of responding to the vaccinationmay be different. Consult with a pediatrician and get your doubts cleared beforehand.
- Your baby can experience common side effects of vaccinations, like mild fever, soreness, fussiness, and pain.So, plan vaccinations so that you can give your baby extra care and attention after vaccination.
Remember, effective immunization of your child is one of the most essential duties post-birth. So, put your responsible parent cap on and get ready to cherish the parenthood journey in a healthy way.